Wow! Just one word - I shopped at Croma and tried PS3 too. PS3 is no match as family entertainment to XBOX Kinect in my view
Unboxing experience in India - XBox 360 4GB Console Kinect :
- The 220 V transformer box strikes you as huge.
- You need a 15 Amp Plug socket too. Most people will have only a 3 pin 5 amp power socket and will have to hunt for the 15 Amp to 5 Amp converter plug first
- Batteries for the Wireless controller are included though.
- Normal AV cord is included. I thinks its worthwhile getting the HDMI cable (I did not buy it though - yet)
- The slim is NOT-SO slim XBOX
- Kinect Adventures is included in the box
Gaming and interface
- Takes a bit of time to setup the wireless and theou have interface XBOX Live, but fairly straightforward
- We have only 6~7 ft in front of the controller , so ideal for 1 player and at a stretch 2 player
- The Game takes photographs that can be uploaded (It goes to Kinect Share website)
- Each game is quite tiring - both my son and me were sweating at the end of 15~20 mins of play
- Setup windows media center on my home laptop and streamed pictures to the XBOX wirelessly. Easy to setup but the interface (in general) sucks. Maybe because my home laptop is outdated.
- Overall - kinect is next generation ready - feels incredibly like an extension of you, rather than an independant game controller. I found the PS3 quite painful, inaccurate to configure and adding one more "black" controller to my already cluttered living room. If you have kids and are looking at the Box in your family living. room, the X-Box is great. My wife too got interested in the exercise DVD for Kinect - a tough customer for anything digital, as she does not fall for technology for its own sake.
Subscribe to A.Karthiks blog